There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your table lasts as long as possible. Most are obvious and some less so. Here is a list that I have come up with and I would love to hear more suggestions from the community if you have something that I have missed.
Based on years around tables:
- Cover your table after each use
- Simple cover is good but a quality cover is worth it!
- Do not let the cloth get wet
- No containers of liquid on the table or table edge
- Keep the table covered when not in use
- Do not play pool after working out if you are sweating
- If you do not have a cover…
- Brush your table. As often as weekly if needed.
- Vacuum the surface of the table – preferably without a rotating brush but I have done it with one without harming the cloth. Still best without.
- Wipe the surface of the table with a lightly dampened cloth carefully avoiding the cloth on the rails.
- Use a billiard service company that does quality work.
- I have seen so many hack jobs by so called professionals. I pride myself on quality craftsmanship and it makes a difference to the longevity of your table.
- Use a small swath of cloth under the Q-ball when breaking.
- This reduced the friction marks from the Q-ball
- It will also reduce the risk of scratching the table on a miscue.
- Wash your hands before playing on the table.
- Reduces the dirt transferred to the table and to the balls as you rack them.
- Clean the balls after every few hours of playing.
- Use a quality billiard ball cleaner and cloth.
Your comments are welcome!